The Fido Trade-In Program is an innovative service that allows Fido customers to trade in their existing devices for account credit.
This initiative not only promotes environmentally friendly practices but also provides an opportunity for customers to upgrade their devices or reduce their monthly bills.
This comprehensive guide will explore every aspect of the Fido Trade-In Program, from the prerequisites and eligible devices to the process of preparing your device and finalizing the trade-in.
Step-by-Step Process of Fido Trade-In
The Trade-In Procedure: How It Works
Fido collaborates with Likewize, a global leader in device lifecycle services, to streamline the trade-in process. Here’s how the Fido Trade-In program works:
- Begin by conducting an online evaluation of your device to determine its preliminary trade-in value. This assessment is based on your responses to specific questions about your device.
- Once the evaluation is complete and if you decide to proceed, prepare your device as per Fido’s guidelines, package it, and send it to Fido.
- Fido performs an additional evaluation upon receiving the device, which helps determine the final trade-in value.
- This value is then credited to your Fido account.
Device Eligibility for the Fido Trade-In Program
To qualify for the Fido Trade-In Program, your device must meet certain requirements:
- The device should power on and off without any issue.
- The touchscreen must function properly.
- The device should be free from liquid damage and discoloration.
- There should be no cracks on the screen or other glass covers.
- All personal information and tracking apps should be deactivated and deleted.
The Fido Trade-In program accepts smartphones from the following manufacturers:
Unfortunately, tablets and smartwatches are not currently eligible for the trade-in program.
Determining Your Device’s Trade-In Value on Fido
To establish your device’s trade-in value, complete a quick online evaluation on the Likewize platform. This assessment provides an estimate of the trade-in value, which is the amount Fido is willing to offer for your device.
To complete the evaluation, follow these steps:
- Visit the trade-in evaluation page.
- Select the device you wish to trade in.
- Specify the Device Capacity and Color.
- Answer relevant questions about your device to receive your estimated trade-in value.
Remember, the final trade-in value is determined after Fido receives and evaluates the device.
Preparing Your Device for Trade-In on Fido
Once you have the estimated trade-in value, you need to prepare your device for trade-in. Here’s how:
- Remove Device Accessories: Unplug any external accessories such as memory cards, SIM cards, and chargers.
- Back-up Data: Make sure to back up all important data, including contacts, audio/video files, images, and documents. You can either upload these files to your cloud account or transfer them to an external drive or memory card.
- Clear Personal Information: Delete all accounts, personal information, and apps, including device tracking apps, from the device.
- Factory Reset: Perform a factory reset to erase any residual data. The steps to factory reset may vary based on the make and model of your device.
Completing the Trade-In Process on Fido
After obtaining the estimated trade-in value and preparing your device, follow these steps to finalize the trade-in process:
- Visit the Fido Account Page and sign in using your account details.
- Navigate to the ‘Devices’ tab and select the device you wish to trade in.
- Complete the online questionnaire, providing answers relevant to your device.
- An email will be sent to you detailing how to package your device and where to ship it.
- Carefully package your device and send it to the provided shipping address.
Receiving Your Trade-In Credit on Fido
Once Fido receives your device, another assessment will be conducted to ascertain the final trade-in value. This value will be credited to your Fido account as a bill credit, usually within two to three billing cycles.
Frequently Asked Questions About Fido Trade-In Program
When Should You Return Your Device?
Ideally, you should return your device within 30 days from the date you complete the final online evaluation. Failure to do so might lead to a reduction in your device’s trade-in value.
What Happens If Your Device Has No Value?
If your device has no value, Fido offers to recycle it on your behalf. By choosing to recycle, you contribute to environmental preservation.
How Many Devices Can You Trade-In?
At present, Fido allows the trade-in of one device at a time.
The Fido Trade-In Program, in partnership with Likewize, offers a fantastic opportunity for Fido customers to trade in their old smartphones for account credit.
It’s a simple process, beginning with an online evaluation, followed by device preparation and shipping, and finally receiving your trade-in credit.
By opting for this program, you not only get to upgrade your device or reduce your monthly bills but also contribute to environmental conservation.