A mobile phone signal is vital for staying connected. The more devices you have connecting to a signal the sooner you’ll be able to check your email, stream your favorite shows, or chat with friends and family. While having access to a signal is good, having excessive signal radiation from a mobile phone tower near your home can be harmful to your health.
This is because signals from towers emit electromagnetic radiation, which can cause health problems. In this article, we’ll discuss the potential risks of living near a mobile phone tower and possible solutions you can take to reduce the level of exposure.
What is Electromagnetic Radiation?
Electromagnetic radiation is a type of energy that can travel through the air as well as a person’s body. It is usually emitted by devices such as radios, televisions, and mobile phone towers.
Electromagnetic radiation can interact with atoms and molecules in the human body and alter or change this material. This means it has the potential to change DNA, which has the potential to alter your health and increase your risk of certain diseases.
Electromagnetic radiation can penetrate our bodies with enough strength to impact cells inside the body by altering their structure or by causing damage to the DNA within cells. This can lead to changes in our body’s organs and can even result in cancer.
Disadvantages of Having a Mobile Phone Tower Near Your Home
Mobile phone radiation has been linked to a number of health risks such as brain tumors, changes in DNA, lowered sperm count, decreased mental health, sleep disorders, and reduced immune function.
There are a number of disadvantages to having a mobile phone tower near your home, including a higher risk of brain tumors, low fertility, and sleep disorders. If a mobile phone tower is too close to your home, you could be at risk of exposure to electromagnetic radiation, which has been linked to these health problems.
Mobile phone towers are also an energy source for surrounding communities. Often, they are placed on busy thoroughfares or in areas with a large concentration of people. For example, a mobile phone tower placed near a neighborhood could potentially cause increased traffic noise, increased risk of accidents, and even increase carbon emissions.
Mobile phone companies are always looking for more areas to install more towers. This can increase your risk of exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
There are also some key disadvantages of having a mobile phone tower near your home:
- Signals from the tower can interfere with medical devices like heart monitors and pacemakers.
- Tower radiation has been shown to increase the risk of certain types of cancer. This includes brain tumors and cancers of the blood and bone marrow.
- Excessive exposure to electromagnetic radiation can cause symptoms that feel like the flu. This is known as electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS). EHS can cause fatigue, headache, nausea, dizziness, and other symptoms.
- EMFs emitted by mobile phone towers are toxic to human beings. If these are set up near your home, you will be exposed to harmful effects.
- EMFs emitted by these towers are above the safe limit. This can cause anxiety and sleep disorders. They can also cause brain disorders.
- These radiations affect the humans living close to the tower. They cause two types of effects. They are called thermal and non-thermal. They can cause fatigue, cataracts etc which are called thermal effects. The people who are away from these towers may get affected. They are non-thermal. Cell membrane permeability is one such problem. Children, adolescents and pregnant women are at maximum risk.
- These radiations affect the birds, butterflies, insects and sparrows. That is why we see the density of these living organisms is decreasing. Urbanization is one reason. Added to it these towers are increasing the loss.
- It could also be one of the major reasons behind the increase in the number of cancer cases.
Health Problems Caused by Mobile Phone Radiations
Below can be the health problems caused by Mobile Phone Radiations:
- Brain Tumors – Due to the fact that cells in your brain and nerves are very sensitive to electromagnetic radiation. If radiation levels are high enough, it has the potential to alter or damage these cells. As a result, it can cause brain tumors.
- DNA Changes – Exposure to electromagnetic radiation has also been linked to DNA changes, which could lead to certain diseases.
- Reduced Fertility – Radiation from mobile phone towers has also been linked to lower levels of fertility by damaging the sperm and eggs in males and females.
- Sleep Disorders – Mobile phone radiation has been linked to sleep disorders and reduced sleep time. This could lead to increased risk for accidents and injuries.
Is it Harmful to Live Near a Mobile Tower?
There is no specific answer to this question as it largely depends on the person’s individual circumstances and health concerns. However, there are some general points that can be made.
First, it is important to remember that exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMFs) can have various health impacts.
Second, people who live near mobile towers may experience increased anxiety and stress levels, as well as problems with sleep and concentration.
Finally, people who are already prone to health problems may be at an even greater risk of developing problems due to EMFs. It is important to speak to a healthcare professional if you have any concerns about your exposure to EMFs.
Can we build a house near a mobile tower?
Personally, I think that it is not a bad thing to live near a mobile tower as long as you are aware of the potential health risks.
There are some studies that suggest that living close to a mobile phone tower may be harmful to your health. These studies suggest that people who live near mobile phone towers have a higher risk of developing cancer.
However, other studies have not found a link between living near a mobile phone tower and cancer. So it is still unclear whether living near a mobile phone tower is actually harmful to your health.